Helping Plainfield Homeowners with Their Fire Damage Claims
SERVPRO helps stressed Plainfield homeowners with their fire damage insurance claims. We can help.
24/7 SERVPRO Fire Mitigation Can Restore Homes
A small fire can cost Plainfield homeowners an average of $3,500 to $5,000. More extensive repairs, like kitchen cabinet replacement or rebuilding rooms, can skyrocket costs to $50,000 or more. These repairs can balloon further without adequate fire damage restoration and repair from trained professionals. Solutions could become especially costly if the damage were not addressed within the first 48 hours after fire suppression.
SERVPRO fire damage remediation specialists help Plainfield homeowners save time and money by adhering to restoration industry best practices, focusing on repair over replacement. While some materials may be more cost-effective to replace, SERVPRO techs can respond quickly and minimize downtime to make a property clean and livable.
Speaking with Insurance Agents About Home Fire Damage Claims
It can be overwhelming to contact an insurer after a sudden disaster occurs. However, it is a necessary step for returning to a clean, comfortable home with repairs covered by a home insurance policy.
Consider contacting the insurance company about the following after fire damage occurs:
- First and foremost: report the incident as soon as possible. This step should be a property owner's first contact with their agent. The faster this contact is made, the more quickly a claim can be successfully filed and paid out
- After a fire, residents needing temporary housing should contact the insurer about what is covered under their policy and where to go. However, this is not guaranteed. Some policy terms may only cover food or other partial reimbursement costs
- Homeowners may be curious whether selling the home would be more efficient. If damages are minor, it is advisable to keep the house and make repairs. In cases like structure fires in homes that were already in some state of disrepair before the disaster, selling may be a good idea for homes whose insurance does not cover all the repair costs needed for the property
Homeowners are not limited to using the fire restoration companies that insurers recommend. They also do not have to wait until an adjuster has examined the property to call a trusted firm of their choosing. SERVPRO inventory logging practices can assist significantly with claims filing while also providing documentation for mitigation and repairs.
How SERVPRO Addresses Different Fire and Smoke Damage Soils
Fire restoration technicians at SERVPRO can deploy multiple solutions for soot and smoke damage soils, which often feature numerous types of soils.
- Pungent protein residues from kitchen fires are removable with commercial-grade enzyme digesters, which can convert these greasy materials into water-soluble residues free of malodors
- Dry clumps and layers of soot can often be manually dislodged and gently treated with dry cleaning solutions like Crumbly Cleaner, which
- Meanwhile, wet soot deposits typically require wet cleaning with specialized, EPA-registered solutions for successful removal without smearing. These sticky residues often come from burnt rubbers, plastics, and other petroleum products. Moderate to heavy soot may require alkaline cleaners rather than mild detergents
- Charring on materials like salvageable wood can be remediated with gentle yet effective abrasion cleaning. Blast media like soda ash also has deodorizing properties
SERVPRO can also implement moisture remediation for fire suppression, odor control with thermal foggers, and containment measures for collecting soot with HEPA filter vacuums. HVAC cleaning and duct sealing prevent smoke damage particles from spreading in the home during restoration.
Homeowners can contact the SERVPRO of Hendricks County crew at (317) 838-0100 for "Like it never even happened" restoration services.
Water Damage Removal with SERVPRO Extraction and Drying Tools
SERVPRO says--We're Faster To Any Size Disaster--call us for water damage restoration at your Plainfield property
Helping Plainfield Homeowners Reduce Water Damage Risk
According to the EPA, even a small pipe or faucet leak that ekes out a drop of water per second can use up 3,000 gallons--or 180 showers' worth--after a year. That can prove quite costly for Plainfield homeowners because this moisture can cause structural complications and mold growth well before that happens. Mold growth after even mild water damage can occur in as little as 24 to 48 hours.
When Plainfield property owners need water remediation, SERVPRO's fast-acting 24-hour service is prepared to begin the process. Regardless of the scale of the disaster, these highly-trained technicians are equipped to remediate damage, remove irreparable materials, and remediate bacterial growth that can impact a home's comfort and sanitation.
Evaluating Effective Water Damage Practices for Homeowners
After water damage occurs, homeowners can:
- Keep damaged parts after repairs are made for the insurance company to evaluate when determining compensation
- When it is safe, shut off breakers to prevent potential electrical issues and remove electrical devices that are on the floor or low to the ground, including items like phone chargers or surge protectors
- Place foil under furniture legs or other wood items treated with stains. This precaution can prevent finishes from transferring to carpet and permanently staining it
It is advisable to avoid:
- Attempting to dry water damage with inked paper because the ink can transfer to impacted surfaces
- Activate heating or air conditioning without the express approval of a licensed restoration professional/ Operating these systems can potentially spread microbes and contaminants in moisture. Homeowners should also avoid adjusting the thermostat, as changes in temperature impact restoration efforts significantly
- Using electrical equipment like wet/dry vacuums to remove moisture can damage the item in use and create a shock risk for the operator
SERVPRO Water Remediation Tools and Processes for Residences
SERVPRO technicians' equipment, inspection methods, and restoration strategies are tailored to thorough water removal and returning moisture levels to normal as efficiently as possible. This firm's restoration strategies can reduce repair costs by only performing the demolition needed to implement water cleanup.
- SERVPRO techs may deploy polyethylene sheeting to cover surfaces and create drying chambers. This process can reduce the time and stress placed on air movers and dehumidifiers during the drying process
- EPA-registered antimicrobials can be manually applied or sprayed on surfaces depending on the extent of contamination potential. Carpet and upholstery requiring spot treatments can be injected with solutions
- Technicians can prevent wet spots on upholstery by wetting the entire fabric. However, overall treatment depends on the composition of the fibers in question. SERVPRO keeps documentation on hand related to a wide array of upholstery fabrics so that crew members can administer the correct type of care
- Drywall, tiles, or carpeting may only require partial removal for drying wall cavities or subfloors. Many materials can be reinstalled. However, if delamination is present, materials like laminate flooring and delaminated carpet are more cost-effective to replace
- Hot water extraction tools can be used on carpeting, upholstery, and drapes to quickly dry furnishings, rugs, and carpets while also sanitizing the treated material. Hot water and OSHA-approved cleaning solutions can both be applied during extraction while the vacuum component of a given extraction unit collects wastewater for disposal
SERVPRO can also implement repairs for demolition tasks undertaken during water restoration, including replacing flooring, baseboards, and drywall.
We're Faster To Any Size Disaster when homeowners need it most. SERVPRO of Hendricks County is reachable 24/7 at (317) 838-0100.
Plainfield Mold Remediation that Provides Professional Results
SERVPRO understands mold and provides and instructs Plainfield area individuals in mold prevention and remediation.
SERVPRO Training Mitigates Home Mold Damage
Home mold damage requires three conditions to thrive:
- Elevated moisture levels.
- Porous materials to feed upon.
- Adequate temperatures for generating new spores and clusters.
General cleaning tasks can keep microbes at bay for a long time. Still, accidents can occur that allow spores to grow in places Plainfield homeowners do not expect or typically examine. When they notice the proliferation, professional mold remediation is often needed to protect and restore the property.
Home mold cleanup by Plainfield SERVPRO technicians restores affected property and addresses the structural damage that enables mold growth. Commercial grade personal protective equipment (PPE) and restoration equipment are used per restoration industry best practices for remediation, containment, furniture and carpet cleaning, and structural repairs.
What are "Normal" Mold Spore Levels in a Room?
Because total mold removal is not possible, homeowners should stay in the know about what spore levels are considered normal for a property. This "normal" rate might differ depending on the outdoor spore population around the home, so it is best to have a professional evaluate spore density. The concentration of outdoor spores can vary between 50 and 50,000 in air sample tests depending on climate, plant growth, and precipitation levels. An arid desert climate will have lower mold damage levels than Midwestern farmland and forests.
- The average room typically has 200-500 spores living in it at any given time
- One room can have up to 1500 spores inside and still be considered safe to swell in so long as there are no factors present, like water damage, that would allow them to spread
- Slightly elevated mold levels might be a concern between 1,500 and 3,000 spores, but a dusty home or HVAC system could achieve these levels easily
- Some maintenance tasks should commence for homes with spore levels above 3,000 to 10,000 spores in a room, though general tidying up and HVAC cleaning can achieve this in many cases
- Professional mold remediation is a must at over 25,000 spores in a room. Microbes should be easily identifiable by sight or smell. This proves especially true in areas with 75,000 or more spores
Mold proliferation in a home is typically driven by excess moisture. To reduce indoor air humidity, leaks, and spills must be addressed. We have the training and the devices to ensure the RH within the living space is at a standard level.
SERVPRO Training Resources for Mold Mitigation Technicians and Staff
Because mold damage is typically a secondary result of another disaster like fire or water damage, SERVPRO technicians are trained in the following disciplines along with their Initial Crew Training:
- Understanding IICRC standards for restoration industry technicians
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
Technicians who wish to broaden their education, specialize in specific restoration disciplines, or stay updated on industry guidelines can learn more with self-paced e-learning modules. These online learning opportunities include support materials, video presentations, and knowledge tests at the end of each unit.
New SERVPRO franchise owners are also trained in these industries and Mold Mitigation during an intensive 15-day course at the SERVPRO Corporate Training Facility. This comprehensive educational experience includes practical cleanup experience in the Corporate Training House, which is designed to weather many disaster scenarios.
Continuing education classes offer credit and noncredit opportunities for industry-adjacent professionals, like insurance claims adjusters and real estate agents, to broaden their knowledge base regarding disasters. Available courses with credit offerings include separate units on water and fire damage restoration, Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry, Restorative Drying for Loss Control. A noncredit Mitigation Awareness Response Seminar is also available for professionals to attend.
SERVPRO of Hendricks County restoration professionals can remediate mold damage "Like it never even happened." Call (317) 838-0100.
Water Cleanup - an Essential Response for Plainfield Facilities
SERVPRO gives you access to expertly trained water remediation specialists that put vast resources and years of experience to work for you.
SERVPRO Has a Full-Range of Water Cleanup Services
The skilled management of facilities with large populations in Plainfield (such as hospitals, prisons, and schools) requires preparation for possible disasters. SERVPRO is always nearby and available for water cleanup after an emergency. Ensuring the continued operations of facilities like yours keeps our community strong and resilient.
SERVPRO's extensive experience with disastrous events and emergencies qualifies us to assist facilities in Plainfield with our water cleanup services.
For a facility to return to normal operations after a water-related disaster, SERVPRO offers these inter-related services:
- Physical repairs
- Moisture control
Repair work might involve only your facility's plumbing, such as installing new pipe sections, joints, or valves. Other times, we have seen situations that required repairs to roofing. Regardless of the need, we can make the repairs for you.
SERVPRO always arrives with the equipment to handle water intrusions of any depth. If standing water exists, we begin with our submersible pumps, which are capable of handling solids and other pollutants. For smaller amounts of water, we use attached extraction wands. When concrete is damp, we use heaters, air movers, and desiccant machines to get the moisture out of the building's structure and the indoor air.
Contaminated water requires disinfectant measures, and SERVPRO handles this, also. Dirty water can come from many sources, including standing, stagnant water that was once clean.
The last step involves measuring the air for excessive humidity. We take such readings several times while we work and record each reading. Readings are taken in various locations, but each location's history is included in our data. These records help us to provide better services when we return later for any follow-up work, especially if dampness is a problem. Damp air can affect many things. Restoring normal humidity levels can resolve any problems.
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County at (317) 838-0100 for discreet, professional assistance with your next disaster.
You Need Nearby Fire Damage Restoration Experts in Plainfield
For fast and efficient service call SERVPRO of Hendricks County.
Don't Do Hazardous Fire Damage Restoration Alone
Taking stock of the fire damage after a blaze spreads within the four walls you called home in Plainfield can be risky. Floors can have new weak spots, charred doors can twist off their hinges, and the air remains heavy with soot for a long time after the firefighters leave.
Wanting to eliminate the fire damage within your Plainfield residence is a normal reaction. However, doing so can put you and any helpers in a potentially dangerous predicament. When SERVPRO cleans up a home with such damage, we use several pieces of personal protective equipment (PPE) to reduce the risks we face.
Here are some different types of PPE we use when cleaning and restoring homes after a fire:
- Respirators and goggles
- Heavy, puncture-resistant gloves
- Thick-soled boots
After a fire, soot remains suspended, sometimes for months without treatment. These particles, although near-microscopic, are incredibly sharp and jagged. They can etch fine lines into metal. They are also harmful inside the lungs. The mucus membranes of the eyes can become inundated with soot, making goggles essential. Working in any environment where we perform tear-outs also requires goggles to protect us from any projectile-like debris.
Tear-outs require a hands-on approach, making gloves crucial. Materials that burn or become super-hot can become brittle, sharp, and glass-like. Nails and screws end up exposed when the wood around them burns up. Then they become rusted from the steam, making them more hazardous.
The boots we wear protect us from many things. Fire burns indiscriminately, possibly leaving exposed wiring. Broken glass from windows, mirrors, and cabinetry can be on the floor. If a soft spot within the floor gives way, it is much better to have a calf-high boot protecting you than any shoe.
SERVPRO of Hendricks County wants to remind you to please be careful after a house fire, and if you want any assistance restoring your home, call us at (317) 838-0100. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
For Mold Removal and Remediation in Plainfield – Call SERVPRO
Inspect your home often for signs of mold. SERVPRO's team is trained and equipped to safely remove mold.
SERVPRO Provides Emergency Mold Removal Services in Plainfield
Mold colonies form within twenty-four hours after a water leak or moisture problem in Plainfield homes and businesses. Mold spores are everywhere, ready for the right conditions – moisture, warmth, and a food source. Once a mold infestation is found, the infestation can spread quickly. Everyone, family, clients, suppliers, or employees, must take action immediately before the infestation affects products, structural components, and health.
SERVPRO provides emergency mold removal and remediation services in Plainfield and surrounding areas. Our mold removal specialists are available 24/7 to respond to emergencies identified by our clients (Residential and Commercial) with mold infestation incidents.
Once mold is identified in a home or business, clients must immediately protect their contents and themselves from potentially harmful effects. Closing a room in your house or shutting down a company can profoundly impact families and businesses that risk losing income and laying off employees. Our emergency services teams understand how important it is to take immediate action and propose solutions to minimize the impact while mold remediation is conducted.
For example, our IICRC trained SERVPRO technicians may erect barriers to block unaffected areas of the building from loose mold particles and spores. Negative pressure rooms ensure that mold spores are not distributed to the remainder of the building through HVAC systems. We bag all items removed from the affected area in place, seal them and remove them for disposal.
Our applied microbial remediation specialists protect your family, employees, and clients from exposure to mold while removing the infestation. Your business can continue to operate while we are removing the infestation.
Our mold remediation services include the following:
- Mold inspections, remediation, and removal
- Attic mold removal
- Basement mold removal
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County for mold removal and restoration services. We provide service to Plainfield and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (317) 838-0100.
Plainfield Water Damage Restoration After Flooding
Flooding can happen at any time of the year. SERVPRO's highly trained team is always available to restore your home.
Objectives for Storm Water Damage Restoration
After storms, your home can deal with various flooding and water intrusion. Overcoming these threats to your house means figuring out how to manage the concerns of floodwater and how it immediately affects the materials used to construct your residence. Our professionals perform specific objectives for post-flood cleanup and recovery as soon as we arrive at homes after disasters.
Repairing Damaged Structure
Water and storm damage restoration for Plainfield homes and businesses is an essential component of post-flooding recovery. The first step is determining where the structure has been compromised to allow water penetration to the residence. Repairs might include the vulnerabilities of the basement, such as hydrostatic pressures forcing their way into this subterranean level of the house or water forcing through structural openings like the main doorway on the surface-level floor. Even temporarily, repairs and board-up prevent further infiltration of floodwater as drying gets underway.
Standing Water Removal
SERVPRO professionals understand the importance of removing standing water, especially after flooding. The responding technicians prioritize eliminating pooling on the flooring surface and other structural elements. To achieve this, several tools from our inventory of recovery equipment are necessary. Based on the level of the damage and the location, we might need multiple extraction units to achieve the intended result, like:
- Trash pumps
- Wet vacuums
- Truck-mount extractors
With the surface water mostly removed, SERVPRO professionals must quickly address another substantial obstacle: muck, mud, and debris. Muck-out cleaning uses shovels, vacuums, and other implements to eliminate surface debris buildup that could promote bug infestations, the growth of viral and bacterial pathogens, and the destruction of exposed structural elements in your home.
Stormwater damage restoration in Plainfield can be a substantial undertaking that requires fast action and multiple types of water removal and cleaning services. Our SERVPRO of Hendricks County team is ready to help 24/7 when you call (317) 838-0100.
Water Damage Restoration in Plainfield Calls for SERVPRO’s Help
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County at (317) 838-0100 for fast and efficient service.
Get Effective Water Damage Restoration in Plainfield
Water intrusion incidents can leave severe damage on the affected house, which can accumulate if not handled well and fast enough. The critical factor is identifying the source of the damage and performing emergency mitigation steps to stop the damage from escalating and then contacting emergency service providers.
The homeowners who need water damage restoration in Plainfield should not be so stressed since SERVPRO is there to handle the situation. Our technicians are well-trained, well-equipped, certified, and ready to handle any situation. After assessing the affected homes, our technicians disconnect the outlets to avoid electrical shocks or explosions.
SERVPRO also inspects the house to determine whether mold has started growing. Water removal is a vital step in the restoration process. The more water our restorers remove, the less time we spend evaporating and dehumidifying the remaining moisture. We can use electric submersible pumps to remove the water. Our team can remove the moisture using ventilation fans and desiccant dehumidifiers. We also remove the damaged materials and dispose of the irreparable ones.
Disinfection is vital depending on the water type involved in the damage. We can sanitize the affected area to avoid mold growing during our restoration process. Depending on the situation, SERVPRO has a variety of activities that we carry out during our deodorization process after water damage. They include:
- For carpeting, we use disinfectants approved by the EPA to treat both sides of the floor and the carpet.
- For hard surface floors, we use a mop application of EPA-registered disinfectants or fog with appropriate products for odor control. SERVPRO can use ULV foggers to work on larger surfaces.
- We work on walls and ceilings, like on floors and carpets. We use pump sprayers or ULV foggers for the application.
- For areas of significant odor, pellets work better in masking the smell as the drying process continues.
If water damage goes unaddressed for an extended period, your house can incur damages from which it might not recover. To avoid this scenario, contact SERVPRO of Hendricks County at (317) 838-0100. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO Cleans Up Commercial Water Damage in Plainfield
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County today if you need help with professional water damage restoration.
Days Old Commercial Water Damage Clean Up by SERVPRO in Plainfield
It is amazing how much water can spread over floors and work areas from a water leak in Plainfield. Whether it is a plumbing break during the night or on a weekend when no one is around, hundreds and sometimes thousands of gallons of water can be disbursed inside a commercial building. With time to soak into everything, removing the water and dry flooring, walls, and contents is a major task.
SERVPRO can be onsite in less than four hours to begin commercial water damage cleanup at your Plainfield business. We quickly assess the situation and deploy high-capacity pumps and water extractors to remove excess water. We also evaluate whether there is permanent damage to walls, flooring, and structures. In many situations, water can cause secondary damage to subfloors and structures if it has been present overnight or over a weekend. Mold colonies can begin forming in less than 24 hours under the right conditions. Wood structures can lose their integrity and require replacement.
The SERVPRO team also provides building repair and reconstruction services. After the commercial space is dry, our building services team can begin controlled demolition if needed and begin restoration and repairs to structures damaged by the water. Plumbing, electrical, flooring, walls, and much more are just a few of the services offered. We can save time and money and return your commercial business to normal operations in a pre-damaged condition.
SERVPRO offers the following services to our commercial business clients:
- Water cleanup and removal
- Water damage repairs
- Water damage restoration
We can also assist with removing contents of your commercial space to a dry area to return to partial operational condition, allowing employees to continue working and provide service to your customers.
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County for commercial water damage repair services. We provide service to Plainfield and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (317) 838-0100.
Fire Damage Deodorization with Thermal Fogging in Avon
If you find yourself in need of assistance with fire damage remediation, call SERVPRO at (317) 838-0100
Does SERVPRO Use Thermal Fogging to Deodorize After Fire Damage in Avon?
Fires can cause significant damage to homes in Avon, including damage by the actual fire, water and chemicals used to extinguish fire, the smoke residues that cover everything, and the smoke odors in your home. Many of our customers have questions about removing the odors and whether they need to take safety precautions when applying thermal fogging.
SERVPRO provides fire damage restoration to consumers in Avon and the surrounding area. We are onsite less than four hours from your call to assess the situation and initiate cleanup after the fire. We manage the secondary damage from long exposure to water, chemicals, and smoke residues. Our team lead can address all your questions, including those about thermal fogging to remove odors from smoke residues.
Once the contents and structure damaged by the fire, including controlled demolition activity if needed, are completed, we clean all surfaces to remove residues. Everything is washed and cleaned, including walls, appliances, floors, and furniture. Many of our clients are concerned about odors from the fire, which is where thermal fogging is introduced to neutralize any odors.
Clients should not enter their homes while thermal fogging is underway. SERVPRO posts warning signs at all entrances and notify the local fire department and security monitoring companies to avoid false alarms. Thermal fogging can look like smoke. We also extinguish all pilot lights and disconnect any electrical devices that might produce a spark. SERVPRO installs high-capacity air movers to ventilate the space before allowing clients and pets to re-enter the home; once the odors have been neutralized,
SERVPRO provides extensive fire restoration services in your area:
- House fire cleanup
- Smoke damage restoration
- Water and fire damage repair and restoration
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County for fire damage restoration services. We provide service to Avon and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (317) 838-0100.