During the spring and summer months, thunderstorms that produce lightning, thunder, heavy rain, flooding, strong winds, tornadoes, and hail can occur. These storms are extremely dangerous and can appear suddenly with little warning and may only last a few minutes but have the strength and power to cause a great amount of damage.
Before A Thunderstorm
- Check weather forecasts daily, purchase an all-hazard weather radio and have multiple ways to receive weather alerts.
- Plan outdoor events near a secure shelter where people can go in the event of a storm.
- Keep trees trimmed to prevent limbs from falling onto buildings, cars or people.
- If hail or strong winds are expected, park vehicles under a shelter to avoid damage.
- Make sure preparedness kits are portable for easy transport if evacuation is necessary. Preparedness kits should be tailored to household needs.
- Bring pets indoors before a storm moves into the area. Sheds, dog houses, and garages do not provide ample protection from lightning, hail, high winds, and tornadoes.
Your local SERVPRO of Hendricks County is alert and ready for storm damage concerns. Call us today at 317-838-0100