Blazing Heat in Brownsburg
SERVPRO of Hendricks County has the skilled technicians you need to call upon after a fire ruptures in your home. With the holidays approaching us we would like to provide you with some safety tips for your home during the holiday season.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Working alarms save lives.
- Home escape plans. Make and practice your plan and share it with guests.
- Cooking. Someone should be in the kitchen at all times keeping an eye on the food when the stovetop is in use.
- Candles. More candle fires happen in December than any other time.
- Electrical fire safety. Never plug one extension cord into another. Cords are for temporary use only.
- Space heaters. Keep space heaters three feet away from anything that can burn.
- Christmas tree care. Water daily, place away from sources of heat and fire, dispose of them promptly.
- Matches and lighters. Keep matches and lighters out of the sight or reach of children.
Here at SERVPRO we have witnessed the aftermath of a fire. Keep in mind these safety tips and put a plan in place before your holiday get together!