SERVPRO Team of Brownsburg, Indiana Is Highly Trained & Ready To Help
We can all agree that abrupt flames and smoke pouring out of your home is a terrifying experience. SERVPRO of Hendricks County would like to give you examples of the Do's and Dont's after and during a residential fire.
- Escape first, then call for help
- Develop a home fire escape plan and designate a meeting place outside.
- Make sure every family member knows two ways to escape from every room.
- Practice feeling your way out with your eyes closed.
- Remember to routinely practice a home escape plan with your family.
- Keep escape routes clear.
- If your home has sustained flood or water damage, and you can safely get to the main breaker or fuse box, trun off the power.
- If there is a fire hydrant near your home, keep it clear of debris for easy access by the fire department.
- In the case you receive burn injuries pour cold water on the affected part of the body.
- Never stand up in a fire, always crawl low under the smoe and try to keep your mouth covered. Never return to a burning building for any reason.
- Never go back into a burning building for any reason. If someone is missing, tell the firefighters.
- Never run cords under rugs or carpets where heat might build up or damage to a cord may go unnoticed.
- Never overload electrical circuits by using multi-plug.
- Do not hide any information concerning hazards in the premises make them known to all.
- Do not crowd the fire accident site as it may create issues with fire fighting and rescue operations.
- Do not ever hesitate to call fire services in times of emergency however minor the fire may be.
SERVPRO of Hendricks County is "Faster to any Size Disaster." We are available for 24/7 for all of you fire restoration needs.