Blazing Heat in Brownsburg
SERVPRO of Hendricks County has the skilled technicians you need to call upon after a fire ruptures in your home. With the holidays approaching us we would like to provide you with some safety tips for your home during the holiday season.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Working alarms save lives.
- Home escape plans. Make and practice your plan and share it with guests.
- Cooking. Someone should be in the kitchen at all times keeping an eye on the food when the stovetop is in use.
- Candles. More candle fires happen in December than any other time.
- Electrical fire safety. Never plug one extension cord into another. Cords are for temporary use only.
- Space heaters. Keep space heaters three feet away from anything that can burn.
- Christmas tree care. Water daily, place away from sources of heat and fire, dispose of them promptly.
- Matches and lighters. Keep matches and lighters out of the sight or reach of children.
Here at SERVPRO we have witnessed the aftermath of a fire. Keep in mind these safety tips and put a plan in place before your holiday get together!
SERVPRO of Hendricks County
Building Relationships in Hendricks County
New Marketing Vehicle In Hendricks County
Building lasting relationships is the key to success. In our industry we make this happen with marketing to our local insurance agents! You never know when disaster will strike. Always be prepared with a first pick restoration company in mind!
SERVPRO of Hendricks County would like for you to book us for your restoration needs. We offer a wide range of services from water damage, fire damage, mold remediation, and commercial services. One thing you can always count on is that SERVPRO will make it " Like it never even happened."
Our field technicians are IICRC certified, we have all of the specialty equipment, and are available 24/7. The owner, Steve Dussault, believes that no customer should have to wait a moment longer than necessary for effective and efficient mitigation, and that is why we are "We're Faster To Any Size Disaster."
Winterizing Your Business in Clayton Indiana
Preparation is Key When It Comes To Your Business Health During The Winter!
Make healthy choices and have a plan in place for a day where there will be significant amounts of snow falling in your area or town. Keep communication with your employees as they know what's best for not only the building but any guests that you might have during this time.
- Check your local weather frequently.
- Prepare for power loss. Have a backup generator if possible.
- Make it a point to have your roof and HVAC system inspected. Be sure to change your furnace filters.
- Shovel and salt the walkways at each entrance of the building to prevent trips and falls.
- Budget for snow removal of the parking lot.
Protect your property and investments by winterizing your Clayton business today.
SERVPRO of Hendricks County
What Happens in Your Home After Water Damage? In Avon, Indiana
Don't put yourself or your home in a bad position by waiting after water damage in your home.
Water damage can impact even the most valuable possessions inside your home. It can wreak havoc and damage furniture, appliances, plumbing equipment, and electronics. Over time, water damage can lead to the growth of mold inside your home. Don't give microbial growth a chance. Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County for all your water remediation needs.
The worst thing to do when facing water damage is to “save the cleanup for later”. Some people wait a while when first spotting signs of water damage to see if it will naturally go away. Even if the water evaporates on its own, the source of the damage still exists and will likely result in future problems.
SERVPRO of Hendricks County specializes in water remediation and mold cleanup. Call us to schedule your inspection today!
Cleanliness During Storm Clean-Up in Brownsburg, IN
Call 317-838-0100 For Your Storm Clean-Up Needs!
SERVPRO of Hendricks County is ready 24/7 for a personalized plan of action for any of your storm needs. Shield yourself from germs as the flood waters are highly contaminated and have lots of mud. SERVPRO has all of the advanced equipment and trained staff to dry-out and properly clean your property.
Here at SERVPRO we follow protocol to clean and sanitize your home thoroughly after being affected with flood water. Once things are properly cleaned (disinfected) and dried they should be safe from bacteria and viruses. Protect your family and call SERVPRO of Hendricks County for all of your storm clean-up needs. We will get your property back to "Like it never even happened."
Back to Shool in Plainfield, IN
Home Safety Tips For Parents with Children going Back To School
Home security and safety are especially important if children will be alone at home for any length of time. Walking home alone, entering an empty house, and staying safe at home can be a challenge. But with guidance, rules, and helpful products, parents can help children stay safe at home.
- Teach kids to lock the door and not open it for anyone: Children should know how to properly lock all doors. Teach them that they should never open the front door while they’re home alone, even for deliveries or mail.
- Show kids how to use the alarm system: Make sure children know how to properly use the alarm system, both arming and disarming it. You should also show them how to hit the panic button and what to do if there’s an emergency.
- Plan a safe route to school: Work with your child to plan a direct route to school. Avoid as many street crossings as possible as well as open fields, vacant lots, and desolate areas.
- Help children memorize important numbers: Teach kids their home address, their home number, your cell phone number, and the number of a neighbor who can help. You should also teach them how to use 911 in an emergency.
- Teach children about stranger danger: Make sure kids know not to talk to strangers on their way home from school, even if they seem friendly or helpful.
- Make an emergency plan for fire: Work on an emergency plan together and determine how your child will exit in case there’s a fire.
- Keep communication open: Ask your child to text or call when they get home each day. Encourage them to call you if there’s any problem at all so you can help.
- Have a plan for lost keys: Even responsible children can lose keys. Choose a destination for a spare key or leave one with a close neighbor or family member.
- Establish rules for safety at home: Determine whether children will be allowed to use the stove or oven when home alone, rules for visitors or leaving the house, even screen time. Set kids up for a safe afternoon at home by establishing your expectations.
Stay Safe and Have a Wonderful School Year from your local SERVPRO of Hendricks County!
Storm Tips for Your Avon, IN Home
Rely on SERVPRO for all of your restoration needs!
Ways To Prevent Water Damage In Your Home
1. Clean and inspect gutters regularly.
2. Keep downspouts cleat of any blockages.
3. Repair or replace roofing as needed.
4. Be sure soffit vents are clean and unobstructed.
5. Check for any cracks or peeling paint.
These could indicate moisture retention.
6. Fill low spots around building foundation
with clean fill dirt.
7. Create a slope away from the structure to drain runoff properly.
8. Trim plants around building to avoid the growth of mold or mildew.
9. Make sure garden areas have adequate drainage.
10. Apply a waterproofing coating to the interior or exterior basement walls.
Heavy rains and strong winds can all cause problems with your property. Roofs, gutters, and landscapes are exterior elements that should be checked to guard against water damage. Remember to look in attics, basements or crawl spaces for visible signs of water intrusion. Make sure outside vents are clear of any obstruction to ensure proper airflow.
If you find a problem and need restoration help or want spring cleaning assistance, call your local SERVPRO of Hendricks County professionals. We are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Providing Pack Outs in Avon, IN
Choose SERVPRO of Hendricks County!
What is a pack-out?
Restoring and protecting contents after a disaster is done through the pack-out process.
Our pack-out process involves photographing every content put into each box along with a label. We then take them back to our warehouse where they are cleaned and restored to their preloss condition. Contents are separated into two categories. salvageable and unsalvageable.
After your items are restored and the repairs in your home are complete, SERVPRO will then perform a pack back. Note that items are not returned until the job is completed. This can take some patience.
A fire in your home can be a traumatic experience. Trust the professional team at SERVPRO of Hendricks County will put your fears to rest. Call us today at 317-838-0100
Moisture In The Crawlspace Plainfield, IN
Have you inspected your Plainfield, IN crawlspace?
Damp crawlspaces can lead to home safety and health concerns. These can include mold and mildew growth, standing water, rotted floor joists, and rotten or musty smells. A full inspection of your crawl space is the best way to determine if you have any moisture problems. Issues may not be visible from a quick peek inside your crawl space door.
If you find standing water on the floor of the crawlspace, it is important to identify whether the source of the water is groundwater or if it is coming from above. Usually, a leak in plumbing fixtures, drain pipes or water supply pipes running in the crawlspace below the floor of the house.
If you have any question or would like your crawl space inspected, please call us at 317-838-0100. SERVPRO of Hendricks County
SERVPRO CE Class
Come Join Us!!
SERVPRO of Hendricks County will be hosting two FREE CE Classes on August 13, 2019
First Class Registration Time is at 8:30 AM Class begins at 9:00 AM
Second Class Registration Time is at 12:30 PM Class begins at 1:00 PM
Attendees are to be on time and stay the entire course to be eligible to receive credits! Lunch will be sponsored by Economy Heating-Air Conditioning-Pluming.
Get ready for some fun! This class will be hosted at the Mooresville Public Library.
220 West Harrison Street
Mooresville, IN 46158
If you would like to attend please call SERVPRO of Hendricks County at 317-838-0100 to register! Class size is limited!
Working to make it "Like it never even happened."